Winston assists commercial banks, developers, sponsors, investment managers, development finance institutions, multilateral lending agencies, export credit agencies and governments with their project development and finance (trade, structured or leveraged) goals across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia.
His core focus sectors are financial institutions, commodities (trade finance), energy (oil and gas (LNG), petrochemicals, power and renewable energy), infrastructure (education, health, transport and social housing), real estate, insurance, fintech, media and agribusiness.
To book a meeting or call with Winston please click here.
Winston was the Head of Legal for a Development Finance Institution in Africa. This gave him an excellent insight into the transactional worlds of multiple SMEs across several African countries.
Winston has been fortunate enough to have been involved in some of the largest and most complex project financings ever undertaken. Through his previous firms this experience took him to the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
- Asafo & Co LLP, Partner : Jun 2021 – Nov 2022
- HFW LLP, Solicitor : Nov 2018 – Jun 2021
- Shakespeare Martinau LLP, Partner : Jan 2017 – Nov 2018
- East African Development Bank, Head of Legal : May 2015 – Jan 2017
- Winston & Strawn LLP, Associate : Dec 2013 – May 2015
- Uptonville Foundation, Legal Counsel : May 2009 – Nov 2013
- Ashurst LLP, Associate : Aug 2007 – Apr 2009
- White & Case LLP, Associate : Aug 2005 – Apr 2007
- Nottingham Law School, LPC : 2001-2002
- University of Birmingham, CPE : 2000-2001
- University of Birmingham, BSC Geography : 1997-2000
Law Society of England and Wales