Damion started his career as a securities lawyer, he trained and qualified with the global law firm Allen & Overy and worked in their London, Hong Kong and Tokyo offices.
He stayed in Japan and went on to establish and exit from a number of companies in Asia-Pacific, so he has a commercial outlook paired with a lawyer’s attention to detail.
He is now back in the UK and focuses on Corporate/Commercial matters such as company incorporations including custom Articles of Association, Shareholders Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Advance Subscription Agreements, EMI/CSOP schemes, all forms of Supply of Services and/or Goods Agreements, e-commerce, web app and app terms and conditions including Privacy Policies and Cookie Policies, Consultancy Agreements, NDAs and Non-competition/Non-circumvention Agreements as well as other commercial agreements.
Damion works with numerous small to medium-sized companies who just lean on him as and when they need him, and as a sounding board on business and corporate/commercial law matters, and he has a particular affinity for working with start-up / early-stage companies and entrepreneurs and helping them to avoid making rookie mistakes!
- Establishing and managing the legal and compliance structure for group companies I founded in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore which grew to 50 employees and eventually sold the group to global recruitment firm Manpower.
- Establishing the legal and compliance function and acting as Group Legal Director for a corporate services company I co-founded in Asia-Pacific.
- November 2020 – present: Tiger Law (Kent): Senior Consultant Solicitor
- April 2019 – present: E.A. Law Solicitors (London): Senior Consultant Solicitor
- March 2016 – present: FocusCore (Hong Kong, Singapore and Yangon) – Co-Founder and Group Legal Director
- April 1999 – February 2016: Legal Futures (Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore) – Founder and Group Legal Director
- March 1995 to January 1999: Allen & Overy (London, Kong Kong and Tokyo) – Trainee and then Solicitor
- 1993: College of Law (London, UK), Legal Practice Course
- 1989 – 1993: University of Keele (Keele, UK), LLB Hons.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA# 21707)
- Admitted April 1997