Yousif is an award-winning lawyer & legal consultant originally from the UK. He has over 15 years of extensive business and legal experience.
His clients are based all over the world, including in the UAE and wider Middle East/Gulf region, UK & Europe and beyond. His client base includes small, medium and large organisations as well as private individuals.
Clients particularly value Yousif’s ability to combine expert legal knowledge and advice with prag-matic commercial solutions. He is passionate about providing and delivering a high quality, first class, client-driven service.
Yousif has been recognised for his work by a number of legal award bodies both nationally and internationally.
Yousif can help with;
Yousif operates a multi-disciplinary practice in all aspects of commercial law. Some of his core practice areas include: Corporate and Company Law (including business setup & incorporation, advising on all types of corporate & commercial deals and transactions, drafting and preparing all types of corporate documents and corporate governance matters); Commercial Contracts (all types); Real Estate (acquisitions and development, disposals, leases etc); Dispute Resolution; Employment Law; and General Counsel corporate and commercial advisory work.
- Advising and assisting several international clients with the acquisition of real estate in Dubai under a corporate structure.
- Advising and assisting the largest provider of grassroots athletics clubs in the UK on their international expansion and market entry into the UAE.
- Advising and assisting various global entrepreneurs and international businesses on setting up commercial enterprises in the UAE.
- Acting on behalf of a group company of a major UK plc – one of the largest importers of Asian foods in the UK – and advising as lead counsel on an intra-group novation of a suite of international supplier contracts, all as part of a significant M&A transaction with a deal value circa £210 million.
- Acting on behalf of a major international satellite television broadcaster in a commercial dispute with a major international television network. Successfully negotiated and defended claim of USD 3million.
- Advising a UK-based company on a joint venture to bring advanced technical systems to the UAE and wider Gulf market.
- Acting on behalf of ultra-high-net-worth sellers in the sale of high value real estate in Dubai. Reported in the press as the most expensive property deal in Dubai for 2018. Deal value: AED 120million (approx £25.5million).
- Acting on behalf of a major commercial landlord in a new commercial property development project and lease to a major international supermarket chain.
- Acting on behalf of Scottish clients in relation to a high value commercial dispute and negotiating settlement as part of a claim valued at £7.5million.
- Advising on commercial contracts with cross-border and multi-jurisdictional elements.
Prior to developing his own practice, Yousif was a Senior Legal Consultant at an international law firm based in Dubai and before that, held the position of Director of Legal Services at a commercial law firm based in the heart of Scotland where he headed up their commercial law department and International Desk. In the more distant past, he worked at one of Scotland’s premier top tier com-mercial law firms and also served as a Crown Prosecutor for a while before returning to private practice.
- Law with Honours (LLB Hons), United Kingdom
- Diploma in Legal Practice (DipLP), United Kingdom
- Registered with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London, UK. Authorised to nota-rize UK documents for use in foreign jurisdictions including Dubai and the UAE.
- Member of the Law Society of Scotland.