- 18 years of Immigration experience across all areas of immigration
- Expertise in Business Immigration (Sponsor licenses, mock audits, compliance, systems stress checks, training)
- Regular conference speaker
- As Principal of a Birmingham practice, Taffi’s team ran Nixon (permission to appeal: grounds)  UKUT 368 (IAC) (30 July 2014) in which the Home Office was heavily criticised for its habit of routinely lodging appeals using formulaic and unparticularised grounds; and
- NA (Pakistan) v SSHD  EWCA Civ 662 in which the Court of Appeal ruled that foreign criminal ‘medium offenders’ (those with sentences of between one and four years’ imprisonment) have the same fall back protection as ‘serious offenders’ (those sentenced to four years or more) when seeking to resist deportation on the basis of Article 8.
- Assisted a nationwide charity to devise its HR systems in preparation for a Sponsor Licence audit and application.
- Was retained by a festival organiser to apply for entry visas for its headlining artists.
- Assisted a footballer, whose permit ran out, to stay on in the UK in a family route (girlfriend with her own child) which allowed him to play on.
- Assisted a restaurant chain to challenge and substantially reduce the quantum of a Civil Penalty.
- Working closely with counsel and expert witnesses, represented an Eton scholar in appeal proceedings and secured his status on the basis of his ‘best interests’ and private life, being his exceptional academic and musical abilities.
- Was instructed in Windrush and related claims, including in Judicial Review proceedings involving the unmarried partner of a WWII veteran.
- Routinely runs urgent injunctions in the Upper Tribunal in short-notice removal cases involving criminality in conducive deportation matters.
- With counsel, ran an urgent injunction against a body repatriation in a family dispute about where to bury their father – final order was to burn in the UK in accordance with an oral will.
- Assisted clients faced with Account Freezing Orders And Cash Forfeitures.
- Has written a toolkit manual, ‘Leave to Remain; 10 Ways for over stayers to regularise their UK status‘ available on Amazon.
- 2000 – 2002 – Coghlan, Welsh & Guest – Zimbabwe
- 2004 – 2008 – Immigration Advisory Services – Senior Appeals Counsel
- 2008 – 2010 – Bake & Co Solicitors – Partner
- 2010 – 2019 – Genesis Law Associates – Principal
- 2020 – 2022 – AxiomDWFM Solicitors – Head of Immigration
Previous Law Firm
- AxiomDWFM Solicitors – Head of Immigration
- LLBS, LLM – Warwick
- Chevening alumnus
- Law Society