Rizwan has over 10 years’ of complex claims litigation experience, having dealt with catastrophic injuries and large losses on behalf of major UK insurers for the majority of his career. He seeks commercial outcomes and will always consider the use of mediation and arbitration where appropriate, to avoid the uncertainty of litigation. Rizwan has represented clients across a range of sectors, most notably including, sports, logistics, construction, transport, and private and public healthcare. Rizwan relocated to Dubai in 2022, and is building his UAE practice.
Rizwan sits as an independent lawyer on the England Boxing Disciplinary Panel and adjudicates hearings where the governing body has brought charges against affiliate member clubs and/or individual members. He also has general dispute resolution and commercial experience, and can assist in the following areas:-
- Catastrophic injuries and large loss insurance claims.
- Professional negligence.
- Breach of contract.
- Reputation management.
- Debt recovery and enforcement.
- Intellectual property disputes.
- Sports disputes.
Rizwan can help with:-
- Catastrophic injury and large loss insurance claims.
- Claims involving fundamental dishonesty.
- Declaration proceedings.
- Contract drafting and negotiations.
- Complex investigations.
- Document review and disclosure.
- Contractual claims involving fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Negotiations, mediation and arbitration.
- Representation at disciplinary hearings.
- Court proceedings in the UK and DIFC.
- Start up advice.
- Strategic planning.
- Leadership and operational management.
- High Court and Appeal Court experience with a 100% trial success rate.
- Leading a detailed investigation into allegations of defective vehicle design in Ambulances, which were utilised by NHS Trusts in the UK but manufactured in Germany.
- Representing a capital investment bank in the defence of a £25m claim brought by a former banker for occupational stress and harassment.
- Acted for a major insurer in the defence of a multi-million-pound claim involving a fatal accident, and successfully issued declaration proceedings and voided an insurance policy ab initio, and proved that a co-defendant had dual insurance at the time of incident, resulting in absolute vindication for his client at a preliminary trial.
- Negotiating settlement for a commercial client after receiving a seize and desist notice for allegations of theft of intellectual property.
- Recovering substantial sums for clients in B2B debt recovery matters and enforcement proceedings.
- Coordinated an international project establishing relationships with law firm partners in 50 jurisdictions across the globe to facilitate formation of a casualty pricing model for various countries.
- Represented a motorsport club in the defence of a £multi-million claim brought against them from a former World Champion Speedway rider dealing with issues of sports governance and defective product design.
Rizwan commenced his legal career in Leeds, West Yorkshire, in 2008, before moving away to work for two large international firms, which are two of the most active litigation firms in the UK Courts. He returned to his roots in West Yorkshire in 2020 to take on an Operational Management role for another top 100 law firm, leading a team of 30 lawyers. He joined Mezzle in 2022, which coincided with his relocation to the UAE.
- 2022 – present – Mezzle Law
- 2020 – 2022 – Minster Law
- 2018 – 2020 – Clyde & Co
- 2013 – 2018 – DAC Beachcroft
- 2008 – 2013 – Stradbrokes Solicitors
- BPP Law School – Graduate Diploma in Law / Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- University of Lincoln – BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
- Admitted to the role of Solicitors of the Senior Courts of England and Wales - 2013
- DIFC Courts Pro-Bono Lawyer. The DIFC Courts' Pro Bono Programme, offers services from basic advice to full case management and representation in legal proceedings for eligible individuals, through the registered volunteer lawyers and law firms. Rizwan was accepted onto the panel following an assessment of his suitability based on his experience in advocacy and in providing clear and accurate legal advice. He participates in online and in-person legal clinics putting his legal expertise to use, to help those who are unable to obtain legal advice relating to a range of matters.