Get in touch!
For further advice please contact us for a consultation
Acting as Corporate Secretary to a PLC client in the Automotive recruitment industry (2011-12).
Acting for commercial and corporate clients in the Employment Appeal Tribunals, the High Court (Queens Bench and the Technology Divisions) in injunctive proceedings involving board and director disputes, breach of confidentiality and restrictive covenants actions (2000 – 2014). On occasion bringing an appeal before the Court of Appeal (Civil Division) on damages and the extent to which the Respondent could rely on restrictive covenants brought against two departing director clients (2013-14).
Disposing of assets of a deceased professional-client which involved concluding probate matters, the sale of business assets including property and a pharmacy. It involved working with surviving director and family in the temporary management of the business affairs (over a six-month period), the winding down and distribution of estate assets. (2014 -15). Mediating contentious probate and commercial disputes. In one case, saving an international commercial client £400K in a dispute over repayment of corporate finance from an established broker. Advising on ADR and in the enforcement foreign Arbitral Awards in the UK.
Negotiating exit strategy of senior executives in international companies, and UK based PLCs, advising Ambassadors of two London based Diplomatic Missions, on UK/EU Employment issues as affecting their service personnel, and on the scope and extent of the implication of diplomatic immunity legislation on their mission operations in the UK.
Chairing board of directors of an established Social Housing Association and serving on charity and community-based organizations in the Arts, Academic and Social Housing sectors to name a few. Functioning at various board role – Legal Counsel and Company secretary, trustee, Professional trustee, etc. At Committee level, Chairing and Co-Chairing of Remuneration & Nominations; Human Resources & Equality committees (2003 – 2018),
- Admitted to the Honorary Society of Lincoln’s Inn (An Inns of Court) (1992)
- Admitted as a Chartered Graduate Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives (1999)
- Admitted to the Roll as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England & Wales (2002)
- Solicitor Higher Court Advocacy Qualification (Civil Proceedings & Judicial Review) (2013)
- Visiting Lecturer, Birmingham City University School of Law: Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2015-19)
Previous Law Firm
- Mayflower Solicitors (2008 – 2020)
- Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP (2008)
- Newsome Vaughan Solicitors LLP (2005 – 2008)
- Wragge & Co LLP (2000 – 2001)
- 2021-23: LLM, Master of Laws, International Dispute Resolution, Queen Mary University of London
- 2016-18: LLM, Master of Laws, International Commercial Law University of Salford & RKC Zurich Switzerland
- 1999-21: Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, UCE Birmingham School of Law
- 1992: LLB (Honours), Bachelor of Laws, UCE School of Law, Birmingham
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (‘FCILEx’) - (1999 - 2019)
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (‘Grad MCIS’)
- Member of the Association of Governance Practitioners (‘MGP’)
- Student Member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn