Denise has expansive knowledge of corporate regulatory regimes encompassing, health and safety, environmental controls, chemicals, food safety, GDPR and data protection. She has particular experience in providing board-level advice on compliance and governance strategies to reduce business risk. Her work includes advice to companies, officers and professional bodies on regulator criminal investigations.
- Project managing the digitization of a paper-based compliance system for a waste management company.
- Representing a national construction company in connection with a corporate manslaughter investigation
- Advising on the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Modern Slavery Act
- Representing a company in negotiations with the local authority to improve on-site operating procedures to reduce neighbour nuisance.
- Advising on the response to data management breaches.
Denise has led regulatory teams in two top 50 law firms providing a first response service to clients dealing with fatal or catastrophic accidents. This involved a full criminal defence service including attendance at PACE interviews and representation in the Magistrates and Crown Courts.
She has also worked as the in-house Legal Counsel for an international waste-to-energy company. In 2014 Denise set up her own consultancy to develop digital solutions to help clients manage legal risks. She continues to work with clients to put in place compliance systems which are risk-based, effective and proactive.
- Leeds University LLB
- Guildford College of Law